                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

An obvious extension for an authentication database would be to store access
levels (cmdlevels) in it. I don't think this is possible with the current fcdb
arrangements, however, as database.lua has no way to cause the cmdlevel to be
changed.

The obvious thing is to give the script access to issue arbitrary server
commands such as 'cmdlevel' (assuming we open up the security model per bug
#19729). However, at the point where the script is naturally invoked (checking
credentials), it's probably not practical to do this, so there'd probably need
to be a further callback into Lua once the connection structure was set up and
the server could accept further commands.

Delegation feels like something that could live in a database, too. However,
this applies to players rather than users, so I'm less clear how that would
work precisely. Possibly the script would need access to game structures
(patch #3385?)