                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

The "savename" server setting uses the function is_safe_filename() to decide
whether it's going to allow the filename.

In patch #2883 we got the Lua function save(), which has its own, different
safety checking (see api_server_save()).

(The server "/save" command is only allowed for "hack" connections, so has no
checking.)

It's difficult to know for sure with the threat models so murky, but probably
the Lua one should use is_safe_filename() too?

(Matthias did ask in the original Lua patch if there was "a function in the
freeciv code which could be reused", which no-one including me answered at the
time.)