Update of patch #1936 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:                   2.4.0 => 2.5.0

Follow-up Comment #20:

> I'm really looking forward to this patch. Imo, it will surely
> balance the behavior of gold upkeep.
> How could I test it? Is it going to be included in v2.4.0?
Sadly, the patch as currently written is (now) too late for 2.4, as it changes
the network protocol. Sorry.

Since it's clearly a desired feature, I'll retarget at 2.5.0, and hopefully
we'll get to it in time.

Glancing at it, I wonder why this is a global server setting, rather than an
effect?
(Not that changing this will get it into 2.4, since it would be a backward
incompatible ruleset format change.)