                 Release: S2_3 r21550
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
         Planned Release:

This is something I've been seeing for years, but I've finally raised a ticket
now that a commenter in bug #19921 confirms I wasn't dreaming it.

Sometimes when a unit is moving from one tile to another on the map, a copy of
it instantly appears at its destination and then the unit moves from the
source tile on top of the copy.

This can be seen more clearly by setting the "Unit movement animation time" to
something like 1000ms.

The attached screen capture videos demonstrate what might be two distinct
cases:
* dejavu1.ogv: unit (Transport) moves into city; full copy of unit appears on
city tile. (But in other cases I've only seen a partial copy.)
* dejavu2.ogv: unit (Partisan) moving around tiles which each contain another
unit (Engineer). Here only the part of the destination tile which impinges on
the bounding box of the source tile seems to get the "déjà vu" effect.
Attached S2_3 savegame was saved before these movements took place.

File Attachments:

Date: Sun Jul 15 18:35:02 2012  Name: test-dejavu.sav.bz2  Size: 15kB   By:
jtn
savefile + screen capture videos, S2_3 r21550, 1000ms animation time, Amplio2
tileset
Date: Sun Jul 15 18:35:02 2012  Name: dejavu1.ogv  Size: 64kB   By: jtn
Date: Sun Jul 15 18:35:02 2012  Name: dejavu2.ogv  Size: 686kB   By: jtn