                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

We currently save separate specials, bases, and specials maps. As each
character in savegame represent 4 specials/bases/roads, there can be wasted
capacity up to 3*3 = 9 bits (last character of each of specials/bases/roads
having just 1 meaningless bit) when number of specials/bases/roads is not
divisible by 4. If we saved them all together, there would be only one "last"
character, so wasted capacity would be 3 bits at max, meaning smaller
savegames.

If done before current roads saving format gets in to official release, and
done right (the way they are going to be arranged in the future), we could
save future headaches of savegame backward compatibility with one more
different format.