Update of patch #3449 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #6:

Attached patch on top of what's already committed causes pick_a_nation() to
disable restrictions and retry, if out of nations and a restriction is in
place.

This is a temporary approach for S2_4. For the proper implementation in 2.5
(patch #3448), the size of the chosen nation set should determine an
equivalent of playable_nations, such that attempts to create nations beyond
the limit imposed by the set (via aifill, network connections etc) are
rejected, so the issue doesn't arise.

(If anyone's worried what else might come out of the woodwork with this late
change: if it turn out to be unusable, we can always stop using it in 2.4 with
no harm done, and take the time to get it right in 2.5. So I plan to press
on.)

(file #16237)

File name: trunk-S2_4-nation-sets-interim-relief-valve.patch Size:1 KB