                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

If there's no outcry against, I'll look in to implenting $subject.

Though srcdir/data is one of freeciv datadirs, it's much safer to look
explicitly from it than the old, now obsoleted, method of looking from *any*
datadir. Looking directly from srcdir/data means that database.lua installed
(possibly by malicious intent) to higher priority datadir will not be used.
freeciv-modpack will not install anything to srcir/data, but to user's
homedir. There *is* the possibility that someone manually unzips modpack with
modified database.lua to srcdir/data. Anyway, we already accept that
--enable-debug produces builds making freeciv developer's life easier at the
cost of less security (those running --enable-debug builds are expected to
know what they do)