> (Could also include a fallback for Fanatics, for completeness?
> Say to Partisans.)

Well, that depends whether we consider this just temporary emergency fix for
cimpletoon (I don't want someone who has saved cimpletoon, tileset that is
part of official freeciv distribution, as default tileset to client settings
to be unable to load affected rulesets at all) or do we want to support any
tileset without civ2 ruleset specific units to be used with the ruleset.

If former, we should keep fallabacks in minimum, reverting them once we have
the gfx in cimpletoon, and maybe even committing them to stable branch only in
the first place.