Update of bug #20005 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #7:

I think we should commit this patch for 2.4.0-beta1 (i.e. now).

Christian's tested it and it makes things better on Windows. Windows builds
are only really built under controlled conditions anyway (i.e. basically only
by Christian and Marko).

Looking at the patch, it has little scope to break other builds, as once the
top-level Makefile is generated there should be no change.

I've tested it on Unix (going as far as making a mock release tarball and
building/installing from that), successfully.

Patch doesn't apply cleanly to S2_4 but the conflicts are trivial. Attached
the git auto-merged version for S2_4.

If no-one else commits it first, I will commit this before building beta1.

(file #16370)

File name: S2_4-WinConfPath.patch         Size:1 KB