                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: jtn
         Planned Release: 2.4.0-beta1

As I suggested earlier on freeciv-dev
<http://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2012-08/msg00325.html>, I think the
2.4 beta source releases should have a followtag of "S2_4" rather than
"stable".

Reason is that that means beta users will hear if a new beta / RC / stable
release of 2.4.x is out during the (expected lengthy) beta testing period.
Otherwise they see nothing from the metaserver until 2.4.0 goes gold.

When we get to release candidates I think we should change back to "stable",
probably. That does mean RC1 user doesn't find out about RC2, but since it's a
release candidate it should probably be representative of release.

Anyone still using 2.4.0-betaX when 2.5.0 comes out will not hear of 2.5.0.
But hopefully no-one will still be using 2.4.x betas then, as 2.4.x stable
will certainly have been out for some time.

I want to make beta1 tonight, for which I need to commit this patch now.
Unfortunately that's much less than the usual consultation period. I hope I am
forgiven ;)