>Can you test if this asserts for you?
When I launch your .serv (that includes set timeout -1), it seems to work even
without "debug enabled", and I do get the assertion error in the client.

>You could start server with "-d 3" and read output after >"rulesetdir
civ2civ3" carefully to see that every file is read >from correct path.
Good point. It seems to load the right files from correct paths. The lua
scripts and the nations are taken from default rules, I never know if I should
include those unmoded files in my packs.