Both Marko's and Rafał's patches avoid the error (trunk).

Only Marko's patch apply cleanly to S2_4, and I confirmed that it avoids the
error, and that it is possible to launch the server/client and play a turn.

On trunk, however, compilation fails further down so I couldn't do any
playtesting. This is probably unrelated, however. The error in this case is:

  CC     stdinhand.lo
stdinhand.c: In function ‘is_enum_option_value’:
stdinhand.c:6877: error: ‘rl_completion_suppress_append’ undeclared (first
use in this function)
stdinhand.c:6877: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
stdinhand.c:6877: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [stdinhand.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2