> I think we dropped the code support for that long ago.

I mean the mapgen code that would place the river terrain type to map (I don't
think it was ever implemented for the generic terrain types - it required
river terrain to be in specific index), and drawing code that would select
correct sprites depending on what adjacent tiles have river.

Comments in terrain.ruleset still specify some options to apply to "civ2-style
rivers" (that is: river special) as if we supported any other.