Update of bug #20392 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #1:

This affects all LLP64 platforms (long being 32bits, pointers 64bits). Where
possible, our use of "unsigned long" for casting to and from pointers could be
replaced with "intptr_t" that is supposed to be integer type of the same size
as pointers in all platforms. I'm going for that in TRUNK first. Want to test
there a bit before going to stable branches, as googling suggested that
intptr_t has some (not specified) portability problems itself.