On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 17:57 +0100, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>                  Privacy: Public
>              Assigned to: None
>         Originator Email:
>              Open/Closed: Open
>          Discussion Lock: Any
>          Planned Release: 2.5.0

> Details:
>
> HACKING has network packet type documented as uint8. Change it to uint16.

ok, tell me again that i do not understand
http://www.mail-archive.com/freeciv-dev@gna.org/msg29009.html

just making sure that your developer has it all wrong.

what would be the argument about using uint32 ?

I will repeat,
in the advance part of a fighting game
all bytes send count.

the game has already the design flaw,
that all communications(packets sent/receive)
is 95% in the + or - 5 secondes of end of turn
when you are in the final stage of the game.

means every bytes count

do i have said that every bytes are adding to the
bandwitdh.

this is not another color changes

and in protocol parlance
it is not type but opcode