I would like to know about the mystery of tilesets.

I have a modpack of my own, derived from Ancients, and heavily modified via blind copy&paste to make it work with 2.4.99-dev.

Now I don't see any differences between deep and shallow ocean.
By a look in the save-file I can see that the generator distinguishes all right, (":" for deep ocean and " " for shallow). But the tile for floor is not found, alt_graph is used instead. When setting alt_graph="-", an error occurs.

Comparing with amplio2.tilespec and modifying, hoping for good luck didn't work.

Where can I get an understanding of the anatomy of *.tilespec?

Thanks
Imhotep