 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n1e1s1w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n0e1s1w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n1e0s1w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n0e0s1w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n1e1s0w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n0e1s0w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n1e0s0w0"
 10, 12, "t.l0.floor_n0e0s0w0"

and that is that all those sprites are taken from the 10th row, 12th column (starting count with 0)?

Why then, in trident/tile.spec does this

; Rivers (as special type), and whether north, south, east, west
; also has river or is ocean:

 19,  0, "tx.s_river_n0e0s0w0"
 19,  1, "tx.s_river_n1e0s0w0"
 19,  2, "tx.s_river_n0e1s0w0"