Summary: Threaded AI cities generating Worker task requests
Submitted by: cazfi
Submitted on: Mon 18 Feb 2013 04:32:04 AM EET
Priority: 5 - Normal
Status: In Progress
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Planned Release: 2.5.0
This proof-of-concept patch adds first real work to threaded AI's subthread.
In the beginning of the player phase, cities evaluate potential worker tasks
in their area, and send best one to the main thread to set for the city. When
workers then have time, they take these tasks.
This still needs a lot of work before it gives as good results as current
model of settlers always looking for job themselves.
- Supports only a few worker tasks, no road or base building
- Assumes that any task it evaluates is possible, i.e., may request impossible
- Virtually no mutex protection so threads may handle the city simultaneously
leading them to get inconsistent values
- Does not give out values of the tasks. Worker may end working on
almost-zero-value task of one city when nearby city has urgent task.
- Does not care about lenght of the work, only about value of sfinished work
Date: Mon 18 Feb 2013 04:32:04 AM EET Name: ThreadedCityRequests.patch Size:
7kB By: cazfi
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list