Update of bug #17354 (project freeciv):

Follow-up Comment #8:

The patch I attach fix the problem for me. But it also delays for a while the
apparition of the load or scenario page.

It actually wait for the server to process the last packet (JOIN_REQ or maybe
preferred settings) before actually switching to the page.

Note that the load or the scenario page doesn't appear at all if we fails to
start the server. This is not the current behaviour, but I guess this is what
the users expect.

(file #17264)

File name: client_start_server_and_set_page.diff Size:3 KB