I have a modpack where a lot of effects require only techs, not improvements
(For example the knowledge Barter or Pottery reduce waste directly, without the need of any additional building.)

AI seems to have trouble coping with that.
I searched the code, and as far as I can see, all tech assessment is done for improvements only.

Now I'm in doubt if this is a bug in the code or in my search.

Can anyone familliar with the code please give me a hint?

In case no one can tell me anything, I will open a bug.

(Because no-o-o-one knowing anything about this would be a bug by itself ;-) )

Imhotep