                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

I'm not 100% if this truly a bug or only a cumbersome feature.

This http://gna.org/bugs/?17606 allows multiple barbarian players.

It works fine as long as the game continues.
As soon as a game is saved and reloaded the server crashes.

As far as I see, this is because the saved game is loaded onto a different
ruleset before the correct ruleset is applied.

When the first ruleset doesn't have the nations reqired by the ruleset of the
saved game, nations are assigned to the players according to not quite
transparent rules, and, if no nation is found, the server crashes.

This is the server for Freeciv version 2.4.99-dev
with revision 22446, modified with the above mentioned patch, but I'm sure
this happens without this patch as soon as it is played whth any ruleset that
has sufficiently different natins.