> I really don't understand how my test cases have been passing,
> including ordering of "beta1" and "beta2".
Bad luck could do it -- depending on the contents of memory and not triggering
a segfault -- but it seems like it would have to be quite bad luck.

(Is there a regression test suite somewhere that I missed?)

BTW, "build/cvercmp 2.4.0 greater 2.4.0-beta1" says "No". This is after my
changes, but I suspect I can't have affected that. That seems like it will be
a problem for us?