                 Release: 2.3.2
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
         Planned Release:

Reporting a friend's experience:

On Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal) with the Unity window manager, using the supplied
Freeciv package (2.3.2-1), sometimes the city dialog comes up as an empty
window frame.

See screenshot; ignoring the screenshot-capture dialog, the city dialog for
Linköping really is just a frame, which you can move around and the
background (main window) stays put (the enclosed pixels aren't dragged
around).

Closing and re-opening the city dialog (by clicking on the city on the main
map) generally (always?) clears this. My friend reports that this seems to
occur (more) when building a city (press B, choose city name, click "OK" or
hit Enter -- not sure which), and not so much (or at all?) when clicking on a
city.

Not sure we're going to do any more about this than say "sigh, Unity", but I
wanted the ticket as somewhere to accrete any discussion.

(It was a toss-up whether to report this in Ubuntu's Launchpad or here. I
chose here because their package doesn't have any exciting patches compared to
our source code, so I bet a build from our source will suffer the same
problem. It could be argued that it belongs in Ubuntu's tracker because sigh
Unity.)

File Attachments:

Date: Sat Mar 30 14:04:57 2013  Name: Screenshot from 2013-03-29 23_16_54.png
Size: 442kB   By: jtn
Screenshot from Ubuntu 12.10, freeciv 2.3.2-1