Summary: Transported unit in tile going fogged
Submitted by: cazfi
Submitted on: Wed 03 Apr 2013 11:28:32 PM EEST
Severity: 3 - Normal
Priority: 5 - Normal
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Operating System: None
I think there would be still one combination corner case even when bug #20663
(when transport moves, cargo is temporarily in old tile when it's already
required in new tile) and bug #19989 (info about unit movement not yet sent to
client when movement causes old tile to become fogged) are fixed ot the extend
of their current proposed patches. It's still possible that cargo has not yet
moved when tile gets fogged.
We may get away this by the fact that also server thinks that cargo has not
yet moved - so server and client are not out-of-sync about what units exist in
tile getting fogged.
I have not tested, but I think it's possible to create such an situation:
1) Client A is allied to player B (sees inside transports)
2) A has shared vision from player C
3) B & C are at war
4) Ruleset has transport capable of occupying cities
5) A sees some B's transport only thanks to shared vision from C (that's a bit
odd situation itself - C itself does not see inside B's transport, but still
gives that information to A?). More precisely: B's transport is seen by C's
empty city next to said city
6) B's transport moves to occupy C's city. C and A lose vision of the area.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list