Makes sense.  In that case, I'll call a feature, but it's horridly incomplete
as-is, because it needs vectors set in all the rulesets, review and
adjustments to contact rules (who can contact whom when and how: Creating a
satellite unit and having it make contact with a settler made me start in on
lots of truth tables about contact), and game options for ruleset authors to
control that, etc.

I'm unlikely to get to that particularly soon, and given how incomplete this
patch is for the wider "How does contact work? What can diplomats/spies do?
etc." question, please close this bug in whatever way best indicates that it's
not a bug, but rather an intended feature of the current codebase.