Couple of difficulties (not saying we shouldn't try to surmount them):
* Voting is on arbitrary server commands (not just setting options, although
that's the common case). Currently the voting code (e.g. describe_vote())
doesn't understand the meaning of the command enough to identify which option,
if any, is under discussion. (Clearly we could special-case this with enough
work, since parsing is happening for the pre-vote 'check'.)
* Need to be careful with the string length, as IIRC the client typically
needs to display this on a single line. Voting on one of the bitwise options
could easily blow the budget.