> This should be a dependency of patch #1449 , but I can't figure
> out how to make that true from the GNA interface: if someone
> would be willing to so mark it, I would appreciate that.

You have to go to the other gna page, and search for this item (e.g. using the
patch number). And then post. I have done it now.

Your patch looks good except, the first default case is not indented
correctly. I don't know if this is a good idea to use a default case here
anyway.

I would suggest something like:

    survives = FALSE;
    if ((pentry = secfile_entry_lookup(file, "%s.%s%d.survives",
                                       sec, sub, j))
        && !entry_bool_get(pentry, &survives)) {
      ruleset_error(LOG_ERROR,
                    ""%s": invalid boolean value for survives for "
                    "'%s.%s%d'.", filename, sec, sub, j);
    }