> I think the rows should be of constant height regardless of whether they
contain any units

First of all, it seems these scrolled windows *can't* be of constant height,
not with GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC, unless you want to query the theme for scrolled
window's vscrollbar height.

Now, the odd thing is that it would seem that
gtk_scrolled_window_set_min_content_height should suffice, but for some odd
reason it doesn't while gtk_widget_set_size_request does. Makes me wonder if
this could be considered a gtk+ bug - that is whether or not the mentioned
function should apply to an empty widget. If not, docs should be clear about
it.