I'm practically following the Debian logic here in that I'm concerned about
"preferred form of modification" (which is practically the definition of
"source code" in GPL). Specifically it doesn't matter that we don't have
scripts to automatically run blender, any more than project where compiler is
run by manual commands can omit releasing C-sources.

So, I'm suggesting to add release managers workload with something like:

> svn export svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv/tags/R2_4_0/data/graphics
freeciv-graphics-src-2.4.0
> tar cjf freeciv-graphics-src-2.4.0.tar.bz2 freeciv-graphics-src-2.4.0

Upload to sourceforge