Grr.  I need a better way to test pathfinding: things just seeming to work
don't seem to be enough.  The attached patch actually clears the roads for the
virtual tile in tile_move_cost_ptrs(), thereby testing the correct condition
to determine if a road is required.  I'm not certain this is sufficient: it
may be interesting to consider special handling for the case where two
cardinally adjacent tiles are both native because of different roads (or one
has a base): for !UCF_TERRAIN_SPEED units (e.g. Triremes), this makes no
difference, but for other units, there may be wide variability in the move
cost associated with such a move when it should perhaps always cost
SINGLE_MOVE or MOVE_COST_IGTER.

(file #17902)

File name: CardinalRiverMoveRestrictions-2+persia2.patch Size:8 KB