Thank You!

I just did that, but I think I also have some file encoding issues.,
for example a simple attempt to read the config file throws a lot of errors.

>>> config.read("../freeciv/freeciv/data/misc/colors.tilespec")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py",
line 305, in read
    self._read(fp, filename)
  File
"/usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py",
line 546, in _read
    raise e
ConfigParser.ParsingError: File contains parsing errors:
../freeciv/freeciv/data/misc/colors.tilespec
[line  6]: '}\n'
 [line 10]: '}\n'
[line 13]: '}\n'
[line 16]: '}\n'