                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

Reported by mrvn and others (I've noticed it for ages, but mrvn made the key
observation that a large area around the unit was being redrawn):

Moving settler-type units around the map can be noticeably slower in the
client than other units.

We stopped city outlines being drawn for intermediate steps of units with
orders in bug #14612, but it's still slow in this situation.

Bug #14612 changed fill_grid_sprite_array(), which decides whether to draw the
city boundary (etc) on a tile-by-tile basis. However, the decision how much to
redraw is elsewhere; in refresh_unit_mapcanvas(), I think, where the entire
city map area is redrawn for UTYF_CITIES units in any circumstances.