Summary: Unit selection dialog is very cluttered
Submitted by: englabenny
Submitted on: mån 17 jun 2013 10.46.33
Severity: 3 - Normal
Priority: 5 - Normal
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Operating System: None
The unit selection dialog has regressed in usability for the simple and common
usecases in 2.4
User interface clutter:
* The unit list is now inset slightly from the window borders, causing a
"double borders" effect. Boxes inside boxes is not good UI.
* Single units get a 1 in the count column. This should just be empty unless
the unit is a transport, to avoid clutter.
* There are 6 buttons to the right side: Ready, Sentry, Select, Deselect,
* The 6 buttons are very small sized so they break the normal gtk spacing
rules, the result looks crammed
* Below are 5 tab selection widgets
* The current selected unit in the box when you open it should be at the top,
not the bottom.
I think many of these can be solved easily by letting the first GtkNotebook
page be simple. The client can remember which page was open last time, to
make it easier for advanced users.
Reply to this item at:
Meddelandet skickades via/av Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list