                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

Replace terrain.ruleset's (pollution|fallout)_(food|shield|trade)_penalty with
yet another output effect and remove the hard coded reference to pollution and
fallout when applying the output penalty.

To avoid having to rebalance rule sets the new effect is in the location where
the current pollution penalty is applied. To promote the same goal it decides
how much to subtract in stead of how much to keep. (I have a version where the
effect decides how much to keep. That results in 3 becoming 1 in stead of 3
becoming 2)

The current settings are applied in two steps: pollution and fallout. The
effect is applied in one step. Because conversions to integer only happens
once a tile that has pollution + fallout may produce a different result than
the current code depending on the percentage to subtract and the amount of
output.

This patch applies on top of patch 3965 and patch 3967. It has been tested
using the experimental rule set. An auto game gave the same save file. The
pollution, fallout and their combination were verified manually.

If this path delays the extra generalization feel free to reject it. If not
let me know so I can test it for the other rule sets as well.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 05 Jul 2013 06:45:01 PM GMT  Name: pollutedTile.patch  Size: 25kB
By: sveinung