Update of bug #20946 (project freeciv):

                 Release:                         => 2.4.0-beta2
         Planned Release:                         => 2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

It looks like as of patch #3606:
0 If building with autoconf 2.59 or older, we look in <inttypes.h>. From N1256
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/WG14/www/docs/n1256.pdf> it looks like
<stdint.h> would be more minimal, but "The header <inttypes.h> includes the
header <stdint.h> and extends it with [...]", so that should be OK.
0 If building with newer autoconf, we expect there to be AC_TYPE_INTPTR_T to
do the job for us.

I built the release tarball of 2.4.0-beta2 on Ubuntu 12.04, which is 2.68, so
I guess I get AC_TYPE_INTPTR_T.
It looks like the configure test will try to pull in both inttypes.h and
stdint.h; but there's no output from the 'configure' stage which tells our
source files which header (if any) to include to get intptr_t.
I imagine we can't just #include <stdint.h> because we'd like to support
platforms which don't have it (in which case 'configure' is likely to #define
intptr_t to its best guess at a suitable type).

Is the correct thing just to do

#ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H
#include <stdint.h>
#endif