                 Release: 2.3.4, gui-gtk-2.0
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

My most powerful ally has a decrease of attitude toward me. I'd like to do
preventive action by lowering his cities sum of  Food/Prod/Trade (ie: 2/1/1
for plain with infrastructure road/irrigation) ; that way if he eventually
decide to attack me, it will be less damaging. I read on
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain#Later_improvements "[...] Fortresses
also extend national borders [...]".

This doesn't function as far as I could tell. I first tried using the editor,
using the building adder tool, simply adding fortresses on the border (the
furthest I could toward the threat) then ending the turn but the border
remained the same. I then wondered if it was a problem with the editor and if
only "normal" addition of fortress triggered the border extension ; so I did
it using conventional means (without editor), the turn ending with
engineers-workers/settlers in the fortresses but the border remained the same.
I then wondered if only military units would extend the border so I sent some
in the fortresses then fortified them but the border was still the same as
even though of the scheme (threat territory reduction).

I'll still be able to go through the game as is but I will be at a
disadvantage of not having this non-war-aggression.