> Unfortunately we cannot obsolete the effects either. As we cannot have OR
requirements in extra requirement list, one cannot make irrigation possible
from nearby Ocean OR River OR Irrigation.

Possible solution: Separate the action of building an extra from the extra
definition. Many actions can result in the same extra. Irrigation from
Irrigation is a separate action from Irrigation from River but only one of
them appear in the GUI when both are possible as they are defined to be the
same (say by belonging to the same class).

Generalized actions could also be usable in other areas than extra building.
To establish a generalized action beach head in the code base without without
getting in the way of your extras work I could try to create a proof of
concept in another area.