It does explain the problem. However I did mention that I waited an extra turn
in my explanation. Also, an more importantly, I have trouble understanding the
point #3.

Do you mean if player A put a fortress in the limit of it's unclaimed border
to stretch it, then player B border meet it and eventually push it back, say
player A cities amount remained the same (thus not pushing one another), A
fortress will now be enveloped in B territory but still remaining to A? Even
if there's no unit in the fortress? If not, will non-aggressive unit suffice
to keep claim?

Thanks