                 Release: 2.3.4, gui-gtk-2.0
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

I see no need for a unit to go to a city to set it as it's home only taking
the game-play in consideration, I understand it's easier to implement.

I think the only thing that change game-play-wise by changing a unit home city
is supply route origin ; perhaps also news/criers/rumors because of the
unhappiness caused by aggressive units. That wouldn't require a unit to go to
the new city, only send a supply request and a note/messenger (for
unhappiness) to the new city.