             Assigned to: cproc
                 Release: 2.4.0-RC1
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release:

Freeciv's built-in language, en_US, is not included as an option in the
"Choose Default Language" stage of the Windows installer.

(This came to light via a forum user
<http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120> who wants English Freeciv
on French Windows; they can use en_GB, but it would be good to offer en_US,
since it's there; I've tested it manually and it works.)

I can't fix this by just adding it to bootstrap/langnames.txt, because
win32/installer/create-freeciv-gtk2-nsi.sh checks for the existence of the
appropriate messages.mo before adding it, so of course it won't find one for
en_US.

It could easily be minimally hardcoded in the list the same way 'auto' is,
though.

(Cosmetically it might be nice if the previous "Choose Components" step
included a greyed-out "US English" entry, to indicate to users what the
built-in language is.)