Update of bug #21068 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => jtn
         Planned Release:                         => 2.3.5,2.4.1,2.5.0,2.6.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

> I suspect the problem is that there is no land at all
Yes, that's the cause ("Map has 0 continents and 1 oceans"). Patch attached
bails out of start position assignment a little more cleanly (allowing the map
generation to retry in 2.4 and later, not that that helps in my scenario where
I think land generation is impossible).

(file #18803, file #18804)

File name: trunk-S2_5-startpos-no-land.patch Size:6 KB
File name: S2_4-S2_3-startpos-no-land.patch Size:4 KB