                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

While variant2 ruleset is not part of freeciv, and its problems do not belong
here, I open ticket for this one as use-case we may want to support better.

variant2 has ocean cities in late game. That means that Ocean cannot have
"No_Cities" flag. Consequently this means that when terrain changes from land
to ocean, cities are not removed but assumed to survive on ocean terrain. That
shouldn't be true before city owner has technology required for ocean cities.

btw. I found this because variant2 implements Global Warming that is not
laughing matter - ocean levels rise so that some land terrains change to
ocean, with no means to revert the change.