> Fix as simple as adding a topology argument to img_new() rather
> than it using the global map.topology_id? (Haven't tried it.)

Global topology is accessed directly deeper in the helper functions, so I
guess (I could be wrong: maybe the topology doesn't matter in those cases)
it's not simply matter of img_new() knowing correct topology.

If there's no proper fix when 2.4.1 release date draws near, I would try ugly
hack (tm) of "saved_topology = map.topology_id; map.topology_id = NONISO; ...
map.topology_id = saved_topology;" as temporary solution.