Update of bug #21327 (project freeciv):

                Severity:           4 - Important => 2 - Minor
player researched already-known tech causes trouble

Follow-up Comment #5:

> Anyhow, much of the work was done using the built-in Editor.
> However, some repetitive tasks such as copying techs for a large
> number of nations was much easier to accomplish by editing the
> sav game file offline using a text editor.
Right, that explains how a savegame ended up with this inconsistency.
(Experimenting with the editor suggests that it can't cause this situation.)

We could make savegame loading robust about this sort of thing (or at least
bomb out with a clearer error message).