                 Release: trunk r23973
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

aicity.c:base_want() invokes city_range_iterate() ("Iterate over cities within
a certain range around a given city (city_here) that exist within a given city
list") to get votes from each city about the usefulness of a building.

This takes account of REQ_RANGE_LOCAL/CITY/CONTINENT/PLAYER, but will never
fire for ALLIANCE or WORLD, so I don't think any buildings which have
(city-benefiting) effects with these ranges will be considered. (I don't know
if empire-benefiting or strategic effects are considered elsewhere.)

It would be easy to add these to city_range_iterate(). However, these
buildings potentially have a negative impact since they benefit other players,
so perhaps the AI needs to somehow evaluate the impact of building things
which benefit other players. Don't know if this is important enough to not
apply the simple fix in the meantime.

(For buildings with effects at multiple ranges, only the "widest" range is
considered, so a building which had one effect on the local player and a
different effect worldwide would fall in this category.)