                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
                  Effort: 0.00
         Planned Release:

Since bug #20392 (in 2.4) freeciv has been building cleanly for win64. This
task is for tracking (probably long) way to providing win64 binaries.

As our later versions have lifted a number of earlier limitations, and made
rather massive games possible, it's AFAIK already possible that 32bit server
could hit the boundaries of addressable memory in a game set for max player
count and world size.
It's also worth considering that as an intermediate step we provide only
server in win64 form, as the server is usually much easier to get ported than
all the client library dependencies.

I'll provide some unofficial support for win64 via crosser while there's no
official win64 installer.

Is there official win64 builds of *any* of our dependencies? How far we're
from installer environment where the server side could be built?

  <http://gna.org/task/?7753>