Update of bug #20521 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => jtn
         Planned Release:                         => 2.4.2,2.5.0,.6.0

Follow-up Comment #2:

> A fix that would help here would be to explicitly look for and
> take account of completely unqualified effects like
> base_unit_upkeep here.
Here's my first go at reworking government help to take into account global
effects (not just for Upkeep_Factor). It fixes at least the original reported
problem.

(Might try to backport this to S2_3 if I can hack it in a way that doesn't
break string freeze.)

> Noticed with civ2 ruleset, but will affect others.
civ2 is worst affected, as the help outright lies. In other rulesets like the
default where Upkeep_Factor = 1(world)+1(gov), the gov help simply doesn't
mention that settlers eat twice the food under Republic/Democracy.

Haven't spotted any other existing ruleset structures which trigger this class
of issue; should diff gov help before/after with all rulesets.

> Did we make this up?
Changing the civ2 food upkeep factors (and/or adding more upkeep graphics) to
be the subject of new tickets.