                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

Split from bug #20521:

In the civ2 ruleset, Settlers' food upkeep for various governments is:
* Anarchy, Despotism, Monarchy: 1
* Republic, Democracy: 2
* Fundamentalism, Communism: 3

Bbug #20521 comment 1 contains some archaeology indicating that the upkeep=3
govs might have been accidental (in earlier Freeciv they were 2).

However, I haven't checked the original Civ2 -- probably that needs doing to
close this ticket.

The 3 upkeep is not at all evident in the game, due to a combination of bug
#20521 and upkeep icons only going up to 2 (patch #3824). If it's a mistake,
this may explain why it's gone unnoticed so long.

(The only other ruleset we ship having 3 upkeep anywhere is "multiplayer",
where Fundamentalism has 3 upkeep. This one may have been deliberate.)