                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: cproc
                  Effort: 0.00
         Planned Release:

We haven't made the release yet, but creating the ticket in advance to discuss
build parameters.

----

We have one request to use a newer Gtk2 build than 2.24.10 (bug #21038);
however, since the official Win32 builds haven't been updated, it seems
unlikely we can fulfil this.
(Also we're worried about bug #21475 if we *did* take a newer one.)
So, same Gtk2 version, I suppose.

A newer Gtk3 library than 3.6.4 might fix a major issue with the existing Gtk3
test build (bug #20999).
But, again, no newer Win32 Gtk3 package is available, so again that's
academic.

Another existing problem (bug #21314) *might* have gone away with some newer
version of something that isn't the core Gtk package. Maybe it would be worth
upgrading other dependencies if practical?

If no library upgrades, it may still be worth doing another Gtk3 test build if
it's cheap for you -- cazfi speculates
<https://mail.gna.org/public/freeciv-dev/2014-01/msg00814.html> that maybe
fixes in Freeciv code (bug #21534) might help. But it's low priority compared
to actual production releases.

  <http://gna.org/task/?7762>