On 1 February 2014 11:19, Christian Knoke <chr...@cknoke.de> wrote:

> Starting point of the discussion was a shop that (packages and) sells FOSS
> for cheap money

 Well, name issue has nothing to do with that starting point of the thread.
 There was more material where Freeciv was wrongly written with
capital C, and I commented how I hate it when people read our name as
"just a civ clone" while practically all our development is about
features not in civ/2, and flexible ruleset format allows people to do
very different games from civ/2 - for a long time I've referred to
freeciv as "an engine for many kind of games" rather than just one
game with classic rules - civ/2 rules are just one subset of possible
rules.

 - ML